Magnum MS4024PAE Inverter Charger 120/240 - ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES
MS-PAE Series Inverter
MS4024PAE 4000W, 24V
This Magnum KIT includes:
1 x Magnum MS4024PAE Inverter/Charger, 4000W, 24VDC, Pure Sine Wave
1 x Magnum MMP250-30D Mini Panel (pre-wired) with 250Amp main breaker and two 30Amp breakers
1 x Magnum BP-MMP Back Plate (for easy mounting on a wall, code approved!)
1 x Magnum ME-RC50 Digital LCD Display Remote Panel with 50' Cable
1 x Magnum MP-HOOD
1 x Magnum Battery Temperature Sensor
The MS-PAE Series Inverter/Charger from Magnum Energy is a pure sinewave inverter designed specifically for the most demanding renewable energy applications. The unique design of the MS-AE Series provides two 120VAC output lines that are 180° out-of-phase with each other, so that the combination of the L1 and L2 lines total 240VAC and the voltage between either L1 or L2 and neutral is 120VAC, eliminating the need to purchase two units and stack them together to get 240 volts.
When the power requirements of the system are beyond the capacity of a single MS-PAE Series inverter or the system is expanded as more loads are added, up to four MS-PAE Series inverters can be connected together in a parallel configuration. When connecting inverters in parallel, the overall inverter power and surge capacity is increased to power a large single load or more smaller loads.
Available in 4000 (24 volts) and 4400 (48 volts) watt models, the MS-PAE Series inverters are powerful, easy-to-use and ETL listed to the stringent requirements of UL 1741 and CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01 for Renewable Energy installations.
The MS-PAE Series Inverter/Charger includes the following:
- High wattage output in a small footprint - less weight and area needed for install.
- Ability to parallel up to four identical MS-PAE inverters to increase output power capability (requires ME-RTR).
- Pure sine wave output (<5% THD).
- 120/240 VAC Split phase output in a single inverter.
- PFC (Power Factor Corrected) multi-stage battery charger.
- RS485 standard communication protocol.
- Remote and Network ports (easy connection for optional accessories).
- ON/OFF Inverter-mounted switch with LED indicator.
- Large AC access and terminal block [wire size: #18 to #2 AWG (0.82 to 33.6 mm2) CU].
- DC terminal covers with 360 degree connection.
- Battery Temperature Sensor - for optimum charging during extreme temperature changes.
- Field Serviceable for qualifi ed personnel - tested repair kits available.
- Smooth, aesthetically pleasing design.
- MS4024PAE and MS4448PAE are ETL listed to UL/cUL STD 1741 and CSA STD 22.2 107.01-01 for safety.
Input Battery Voltage18 - 34.0 VDC
Nominal AC output voltage120/240 VAC split phase
Output frequency and accuracy60 Hz ± 0.04%
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)< 5%
1 msec surge current (amps AC)L-N: 120, L-L 70
100 msec surge current (amps AC)L-N: 72, L-L 40
5 sec surge power (real watts)5800
30 sec surge power (real watts)5200
5 min surge power (real watts)4800
30 min surge power (real watts)4500
Maximum continuous input current266 ADC
Inverter efficiency (peak)93%
Transfer time16 msecs
Power Consumption (Searching)<6 W
Power Consumption - inverting (no load)27 W
WaveformPure Sine Wave
Continuous Output at 25 ºC105 ADC (@56.4 VDC)
Power factor> 0.95
Input current at rated output (AC amps)15 AAC per leg at 120/240 VAC split phase
General Features and Capabilities
Transfer relay capability2 legs at 30A per leg transfer standard on all models
Five stage charging capabilityBulk, Absorb, Float, Equalize, and Battery Saver™
Battery temperature compensationStandard with included temp sensor (battery temp 0 to 50° C)
Internal cooling0 to 120 cfm variable speed drive using dual 92mm brushless DC fans
Overcurrent protectionYes, with two overlapping circuits
Overtemperature protectionYes on transformer, MOSFETS, and battery
Conformal coating on PCB’s for corrosion protectionYes
Powder coated chassis & top for corrosion protectionYes
Stainless steel fasteners for corrosion protectionYes
ETL Listed to UL1741 and CSA STD C22.2 No.107.1-01
Operating temperature-20° C to +60° C (-4° F to 140° F)
Nonoperating temperature-40° C to +70° C (-40° F to 158° F)
Operating humidity0 to 95% RH non condensing
Dimensions (l x w x h)13.75” x 12.65” x 8.0” (34.9 cm x 32.1 cm x 20.3 cm)
MountingShelf or wall (vents not allowed to face downward unless ME-HOOD and ME-CB are installed)
Max operating altitude15,000' (4570 m)