SID10B24BR 24 VOLT AND ONLY 10 WATT MAKES THIS IDEAL FOR OFF GRID HEATING APPLICATION.
- El Sid Solar Circulating Pump - Battery Operated - Model SID10B24BR
SID stands for static-impeller driven, which means the pump contains an electronic driver or motor that has no moving parts but simply spins on a magnetic field. The magnetic field grasps the impeller and visibly spins it without any moving parts or seals. As a result, it's extremely long-lived without much power consumption. These pumps are completely stainless steel, so they don't corrode.
The El SID pumps have no seals which can leak, and no bearings to get hot or brushes to spark - they are explosion proof.
A 10-Watt driver used with 24-volt battery systems. This driver has a built in dc-dc converter, causing the pump to be "constant-speed" from 20 to 35 volts. An excellent driver for "off-grid" or "lost-grid" radiant floor zone circulation. Because it is "constant-speed" a zone will not change characteristics, as batteries discharge. The built-in 3rd generation converter exceeds 96% efficiency. By distributing conversion among the zone circulators, instead of one central converter, system reliability is increased; a single failure does not stop all zones. Simplicity of wiring is also improved, as no central converter need be wired. Just fuse each zone pump branch (at the battery) and wire the battery through the thermostat and then to the zone pump.
• 24 Volt Battery applications (usually lead-acid)
(3-35 Volts, full speed regulation occurs between 20-35 Volts)
• Radiant floor circulation zone pump.
This pump is used to circulate the water throughout the radiant panel or other hot water heat emitting system.
- Product Advantages:
• Power requirement is less than half that of conventional AC pumps powered by inverter.
• Additional energy savings can be realized by using individual zone pumps instead of a single pump with zone valves. This method can reduce power consumption by 75%.
• Energy saving greatly reduces the size and cost of the power system required.
• High efficiency - typical start 1 watt
• Magnetic coupled drive
• Locked impeller protected [PV]
• No shaft - no fan
• Brushless motors
• No maintenance required
• Quiet operation
• 10 Watts
• Max Head 3.5 ft.
• Max Flow 3.3 gpm
• Light weight - 2 lbs
• Compact size: 2.75" sq - 3" thick
• Low voltage [class II] driver
• High temperature - 250°F fluid max.
• High pressure - 175 psi. max
• Vertical or horizontal piping
Shown is 1/2" female NPT adapters and 1/2" pipe. Also shown are the heads of four Philips screws that fasten the 2W2 driver onto the head.
Wetted materials are:
• Hi-Temp ROYTON Plastic
• Ceramic Ferrite Magnet
Four common screw heads are shown, holding the brass fluid retaining plate in place. Also shown are four screws coming from the back of the pump head. When the 2W2 driver is in place, a total of eight screws squeeze the fluid retaining plate in place.
Note that there is no shaft and [of course] no shaft-seal. The crown at the center of the retaining plate houses an eight pole ceramic magnet. Thus, the rotating magnetic field in the 2W2 driver is coupled to the impeller, which resides in the fluid.
Easy to install
The brass pump is soldered into your copper plumbing, and the driver screws on top of it. Any driver [regardless of size] can be interchanged on the same pump, which means that if the pump doesn't provide the flow you need, you can install a larger driver within a couple of minutes.