EL SID SOLAR HOT WATER CIRCULATING PUMP (SID 5PVBR)
- El Sid Solar Circulating Pump Model SID5PVBR
- SID stands for static-impeller driven, which means the pump contains an electronic driver or motor that has no moving parts but simply spins on a magnetic field. The magnetic field grasps the impeller and visibly spins it without any moving parts or seals. As a result, it's extremely long-lived without much power consumption. These pumps are completely stainless steel, so they don't corrode.
The El SID pumps have no seals which can leak, and no bearings to get hot or brushes to spark - they are explosion proof.
- Model SID5PVBR
A 5-Watt driver, intended for PV domestic hot water and 24 hour instant hot water circulation. Requires a 5 watt Crystalline module or larger such as BP SX5M. It is rated for 2.5 gpm and can be used in open loop water systems with one 4x10 solar collector.
- Product Applications:
• PV-Direct Applications
• Solar Domestic Water Heating Systems - closed loop
• Also used in instant hot water loops
• To be used with a 5W silicon crystal PV panel [not included]
This pump is used to circulate the water throughout the radiant panel or other hot water heat emitting system.
- Product Advantages:
• Use a small, inexpensive PV module (photovoltaic panel) to power the pump. No battery or electronic controller is used. There is no wiring to the building's electric system.
• Sun-synchronous operation: pump speed varies with sunlight, corresponding to the available heat in the collector—natural automation!
• This principle has proven highly reliable in solar water heaters since the early 1980's.
• High efficiency - typical start 1 watt
• Magnetic coupled drive
• Locked impeller protected [PV]
• No shaft - no fan
• Brushless motors
• No maintenance required
• Quiet operation
• 5 Watts
• Max Head 2.2 ft
• Max Flow 2.5 gpm
• Light weight - 2 lbs
• Compact size: 2.75" sq - 3" thick
• Low voltage [class II] driver
• High temperature - 250°F fluid max.
• High pressure - 175 psi. max
• Vertical or horizontal piping
Shown is 1/2" female NPT adapters and 1/2" pipe. Also shown are the heads of four Philips screws that fasten the 2W2 driver onto the head.
Wetted materials are:
• Hi-Temp ROYTON Plastic
• Ceramic Ferrite Magnet
Four common screw heads are shown, holding the brass fluid retaining plate in place. Also shown are four screws coming from the back of the pump head. When the 2W2 driver is in place, a total of eight screws squeeze the fluid retaining plate in place.
Note that there is no shaft and [of course] no shaft-seal. The crown at the center of the retaining plate houses an eight pole ceramic magnet. Thus, the rotating magnetic field in the 2W2 driver is coupled to the impeller, which resides in the fluid.