CUSTOM SOLAR DESIGNS
Why not get off the grid We are here to help you along in the rewarding challenge of living off of the power grid. Whether you are an experienced off-grid living in an RV or cabin in the woods, a seasoned rural farmer or someone just looking to get out of the rat race – we have the information you seek.
10 Interesting Facts about Solar Energy!
- Canada has a massive wind energy potential,which currently powers approximately 560 000 Canadian homes. Countries like Denmark already get over 20% of their electricity from the wind, If we would do the same here in Canada we would we have enough wind energy to power approximately 16 million homes.
- Solar power is one of the very few sources of energy that is completely free, simple and reliable without pollution,they are clean and renewable energy sources.
- Solar energy technology is actually older than fossil fuel. As early as 1500 BC the ancient Greeks used passive solar heating to warm up their homes.
- Renewable energy holds the promise of reducing pollution, creating jobs,and diversifying the market while providing a long-term,secure,local energy supply to fuel the economy.
- In the populated areas of Canada the yearly solar averag actually exceeds the two countries that are the leaders in solar energy usage. (Japan and Germany)
- With renewable energy its guaranteed you will never face energy price increases. As energy costs continue to rise,the amount of money saved also increases.
- Although the sun is over 90 million miles away from our Earth, it only takes approximately 8-10 minutes for the light to speed across that distance.
- Solar systems have an extremely long life line, and for you this means an excellent return on your investment.
- It is a common misunderstanding that you need long and sunny days for your solar system to work, this is incorrect all you need is daylight! not only that it also work with the moon.!
- Solar energy is the main source of energy for all forms of life.
Learn more: Download the latest facts(wind power myths and realities)in English or en français.